How to deactivate Instagram account_2 applied methods
Instagram is one of the most popular social networks and you are probably one of the most numerous users. This application, which is based on sharing photos and videos, is now one of the most used social networks in the world.
But for any reason, after the activities you had on this social network, you may want to deactivate your Instagram account, for a short time or even forever. In this article, we will learn How to deactivate Instagram account.
Deactivating Instagram is possible in two ways. One of them means deleting your account altogether, and after doing these steps, all the photos and videos you have shared before will be deleted.
Another method is to delete the Instagram account temporarily (how to deactivate instagram account temporarily). In this way, all the photos and videos you have shared on this social network will remain on the Instagram servers, and whenever you return to this social network, you will see all your old photos and videos.
In this article, we will examine both methods. It should be noted that it is not possible to deactivate the Instagram account through its application, and you must seek help from the Instagram website.
Important: Before deactivating your Instagram account, make sure you have backed up your data. For this, just go to “Your Activity” in your profile and select “Download your information“. In this case, a copy of all the information you have shared on Instagram will be sent to your email.
How to deactivate Instagram account permanently
1. First, go to the link to completely delete your Instagram account and enter your Instagram account email and password.
2. In a part of the page, you will come across the question “Why are you deleting your account“. This question asks why you want to delete your account. Choose one of the options you want from the menu in front of the question.
3. After choosing one of the options, Instagram will try to change your mind to delete the account. If you are sure about deleting your Instagram account, enter your password in the appropriate place and click “Permanently delete my account“.
It should be noted that using the “permanent deletion of Instagram account” method, all information related to your Instagram account will be lost and all photos and videos uploaded on the server of this social network will be completely deleted.
If you think that you might want to return to this social network after deleting Instagram, use the method that we will discuss below.
How to deactivate Instagram account temporarily
Deactivating your Instagram account temporarily, as we mentioned above, means that whenever you want to return to this social network, you will see all the photos and images you want again.
Use the following method to temporarily delete your Instagram account.
1. First, go to the Instagram temporary deletion link. Instagram reminds you that you can deactivate your account only once a week.
2. Facing the question “Why are you disabling your account“, choose the reason for deactivating your Instagram account.
3. Next, simply enter the password of your Instagram account and press the “Temporarily Disable Account” option.
The work is done and now your account will be temporarily deleted.
What happens after temporarily deleting the Instagram account?
- You can deactivate your Instagram account only once a week. If you deactivate your Instagram today and activate it again tomorrow; You have to wait up to a week to reactivate.
- If you temporarily delete your Instagram account, none of your information such as; Posts, likes, comments, and direct messages are not deleted. The information just disappears and no one can see it. But as soon as you re-enter your Instagram account, all the contents of your page will be displayed.
- After deactivation, the username is Instagrammer for a few hours. But after a few hours, your page and username will be completely deleted.
- Immediately after deactivating Instagram, you cannot return it. For this, you have to wait a maximum of 24 hours.
How to reactivate your Instagram account?
Activating an Instagram account is easy. Just log in to your account again. After opening Instagram, enter your username and password.
It may take some time to activate your account. As we said at the beginning of the article; Immediately after deactivating the account, you cannot activate it. You have to wait a few hours for this.
After activating the account, no message or notification will be sent to any of your followers. Of course, a notification may be sent to some of your followers. For example, for those whom you have tagged in your posts.
Deactivating the Instagram page has its own problems. Instagram probably doesn’t like users deactivating their accounts too much. If you are one of them; You may experience temporary problems with Instagram. but do not worry; Many of these problems will be resolved by themselves after a few hours.
Frequently asked questions about How to deactivate Instagram account
- How do I deactivate my Instagram account?
To deactivate your Instagram account, log in to the Instagram website or app, go to your profile, click on “Edit Profile,” scroll down, and select “Temporarily disable my account.” Follow the prompts to complete the deactivation process.
- Can I reactivate my Instagram account after deactivating it?
Yes, you can reactivate your Instagram account after deactivating it. Simply log in to Instagram using your previous credentials, and your account will be reactivated.
- Will my Instagram account be permanently deleted if I deactivate it?
No, deactivating your Instagram account is a temporary measure. Your account, along with your photos, comments, and likes, will be hidden from other users, but they will be restored if you reactivate your account.
- Can I still use the Instagram app after deactivating my account?
No, once you deactivate your Instagram account, you won’t be able to use the app or access your account until you reactivate it.
- Will my followers be notified if I deactivate my Instagram account?
No, your followers will not be notified when you deactivate your Instagram account. However, they won’t be able to see your profile or content while your account is deactivated.
- How long can I keep my Instagram account deactivated?
You can keep your Instagram account deactivated for as long as you want. There is no time limit imposed on the deactivation period.
- Will my Instagram account be permanently deleted if I don’t reactivate it?
No, your Instagram account will not be permanently deleted if you don’t reactivate it. It will remain deactivated until you choose to reactivate it or delete it permanently.
- Can I deactivate my Instagram account using the Instagram app?
Yes, you can deactivate your Instagram account using the Instagram app. Simply open the app, go to your profile, tap on the menu icon (three horizontal lines), select “Settings,” then “Account,” and finally choose “Temporarily Disable Account” to proceed with the deactivation.
In this article, we talked about “How to deactivate Instagram account” and we are waiting for your experiences to use these methods. Please share your thoughts with us.