It has happened to all of us that our smartphone has a problem that we have to delete all their data. For this, you need to go to the factory reset or format it. In this article, we want to introduce you to how to factory reset Android phones from different brands such as Samsung, Xiaomi, and iPhone.
How to factory reset android phones
There are different ways to format your smartphone and you can use them to restore your phone to factory settings. This is possible through software and hardware, and you can easily format your phone.
Watch the training video “How to factory reset android phones”:
Factory reset through settings
The first and easiest way to factory reset a smartphone is to do it through settings. Since all your mobile data will be deleted with this action, it is better to take a backup of that file.
As you can guess, depending on the brand of your smartphone, you may need to explore more in its settings more. Therefore, we will teach you how to format products of different brands, including Apple iPhones.
How to factory reset iPhone through settings
To factory reset your iPhone, first, go to your phone’s settings and then tap on the “General” option. According to the iOS version, select “Reset” or “Transfer or Reset iPhone“.
Next, tap on the “Erase All Content and Settings” option. If necessary, enter your device password or Apple ID password and finally you have to wait for some time until your phone data is erased. This process may take several minutes depending on your phone model and data volume.
How to factory reset Samsung Galaxy phone
To format a Samsung mobile phone through the settings, you must go through the following steps:
- Go to settings and select the “Factory data reset” option.
- Next, tap on this option again and check the information.
- When you’re ready, swipe down and tap “Reset.”
- If you have set a code for your phone, you must enter it.
- Tap on “Delete all” to continue resetting the device and delete all data on your smartphone.
- You have to wait for a while for your phone to reset. When your Galaxy phone boots up again, you will be faced with its initial startup screen.
how to factory reset Xiaomi phone
To factory reset Xiaomi mobile phones, you must follow the following steps:
- Go to your phone settings.
- Tap About Phone.
- Scroll down to see the factory reset option.
- In this section, various options such as accounts, contacts, photos, and videos are available to you.
- For factory reset, you have to click the lowest option, which will bring up a pop-up window that allows you to factory reset and, of course, back up your data.
- Tap on the factory reset option until a warning message appears. Here you can cancel the process or start the process by selecting OK. Formatting a Xiaomi phone takes several minutes.
- After formatting, the phone will be reset and you have to start it from the beginning.
how to factory reset Nokia
Follow the steps below to format a Nokia phone:
- Go to your phone settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the System option.
- Here you have to choose the last option i.e. Advanced.
- Tap on the “Reset Options” option to get options related to resetting the phone.
- In this section, there are various options that you should select “Erase all date” or “Factory Reset“.
- Next, you will go to a new page where you will be told that all the information in your phone including Google account, apps and settings and downloaded files will be deleted. Knowing this, tap on the “Reset Phone” option that is placed in a box.
- Next, to be sure, you will be asked a question again that you should select the “Erase Everything” option.
- Next, if needed, unlock the device to start the device reset process, this will take some time and the device will come up again.
How to format Huawei mobile phone
To hard reset the Huawei phone, like other brands, you must first go to the settings and then go through the following steps:
- Tap on “System & Update” option in Settings.
- Select the “Reset” option.
- Next, tap on “Reset Phone” option to erase all the data on your phone and return to factory settings.
- Then follow the instructions on the screen to start the process of formatting the Huawei phone. This will take several minutes.
How to reset LG phone
Follow the steps below to format LG phones:
- Go to Settings and then the General tab.
- Select “Backup & reset” option.
- Next, tap on “Factory data reset” to erase all your data and return to factory settings.
- To format the LG phone, you must finally select “RESET PHONE” and then “Delete all“. After this, you have to wait for a while until the process is finished and the device is restarted.
How to format Google Pixel phone
If you own one of the Google Pixel phones, you need to do the following steps to format it:
- Go to your phone settings.
- Select “System” and then “Reset Options“.
- Here tap on the “Erase all date (factory reset)” option.
- If you want to erase all the data in your phone, select the “Erase all data” option. If necessary, enter the device password and click “Erase all data“.
- After completing the process of resetting the Pixel phone, select the restart option.
How to factory reset HTC phone
To factory reset HTC phones, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings, then “System“, “Advanced” section, and finally Reset Options.
- Here select the “Erase all data (factory reset)” option.
- Tap on the “Erase all data” option.
- Finally, select “Erase all data” again.
- Wait several minutes for the phone to format and boot up again. Now everything is back to factory settings.
How to factory reset smartphones through keys
Sometimes, due to various reasons, you cannot format your phone through the settings menu, and therefore you have to go to the keys. In fact, by using the keys of your smartphone, you can factory reset it.
There is a possibility that you will not be able to format your mobile phone through the settings and you will have to go to another method. This is where the phone buttons come in handy.
How to factory reset Android phones with buttons
The process of formatting new Android phones with different brands such as Samsung and Xiaomi is almost the same through buttons and recovery mode.
For this, you must first turn off your smartphone. Next, hold the power key and volume up together, and when the recovery menu appears, release the buttons. Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” using the Volume Down button and press the Power button to complete the process.
Next, select Yes and follow the process again. After the factory reset process is finished, select the “Reboot System Now” option.
With these few simple steps, you can format phones of different brands through settings or buttons and return them to factory settings.
Frequently asked questions of users about how to factory reset android phones
- How to factory reset Samsung phones?
How to factory reset Samsung phones manually by going to phone settings and searching for factory reset?
- How to factory reset iPhone phones?
To factory reset the iPhone, go to Settings, General and Reset, and select Erase All Content and Settings.
- How to factory reset Xiaomi phones?
To factory reset Xiaomi phones, you must go to settings, general settings, backup and reset and select the factory reset option.
In this article, we talked about “How to factory reset android phones ” and we are waiting for your experiences to use these methods. Please share your thoughts with us.