Right click not working on laptop+ Cause and solution of the problem
The mouse is one of the most important parts of Windows, which acts as one of its most important user interfaces. In other words, users can use it to work with their computer. This makes the health and proper functioning of the mouse very important. Now imagine that there is a malfunction and the right click of your mouse does not work.
It will definitely be difficult to do many of your tasks in such a situation. The high importance of this matter has made us decide to solve the problem of right-click not working in Windows in this article and provide you with the desired training. So if you want to know more about it, reading this article can be very useful for you.
Why does the right mouse click not work?
If you want to fix the problem of right click not working in Windows, you should first find out the reason for this key not working and then take the necessary steps to fix this problem. Among the most important reasons why your right click does not work, the following options can be mentioned:
Hardware problems in different parts of Windows are one of the most important causes of mouse malfunction. For this reason, it is necessary to check the other parts of Windows, especially the touchpad, to find out if this problem is observed in other parts of the device or not.
Using some antiviruses
Using some incompatible antivirus can show itself in the form of Windows right-click not working. For this reason, it is recommended to disable the antivirus to find out if this is the reason for the problem of using an incompatible antivirus or not.
A problem with the port may also show itself as the right mouse click not working. In such a situation, the solution is to change the port.
If there are software problems for your system and then the right click is disturbed, it is necessary to fix the problem as soon as possible and repair the system to fix the problem of right click not working in Windows.
Fixing the right-click problem in Windows 10 with driver update
Driver update is one of the best solutions to fix the problem of right click not working in Windows. For this, you need to perform the following steps:
- Press Windows Options + X at the same time.
- A window will appear in which you need to select “Device Manager” from its options.
- Another window will open. At this stage, for the “HID-compliant mouse” module to appear, you need to enter “Mice and other pointing device” and click.
- In the last step, select “Update driver” to start the update process.
Clicking problem in Windows 10 in tablet mode
New windows have provided users with the possibility to set up and implement tablet mode. Of course, note that in some cases, using this mode can interfere with the right mouse click. If the reason for the problem and disturbance in the right click is tablet mode, just do the following:
- At first, it is necessary to exit the tablet mode using the window buttons “Windows + A” at the same time.
- At this stage, you can find out if the tablet mode is on or not by looking at the right side of the system.
- If it is on, the corresponding option is blue and you need to turn it off.
Fixing the problem of right-click failure with the task manager
One of the most important solutions to fix the problem of right-click not working in Windows is to restart Windows Explorer. For this, you need to do the following step-by-step:
- At first, you need to press the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys at the same time to see the “task manage” window.
- In the displayed window, look for the “Processes” tab and also the Windows Explorer option, and after finding it, click on it and select the restart option.
Windows repair with Cmd
One of the most important measures you can take to fix the problem of right-click not working in Windows is to get help from CMD. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Press the combination keys of the window “Windows + R” at the same time to enter the “Run” environment.
- In this step, you need to type “cmd” and click “OK“.
- At this stage, it is necessary to type “sfc /scannow” instruction and then the “Enter” option.
- Wait for 20-30 minutes for the scan to finish, then restart the computer.
Software to fix the problem of clicking in Windows
It is interesting to know that by using certain software, you will be able to solve the problem of clicking in Windows. This software can be used when software malfunctions are the cause of the problem. “Shell Extension Manager” is one of the best software in the market that is used to fix the problem of right click not working in Windows. To use the following software, it is necessary to perform the following steps:
- First, download the software and let it scan all the software for several minutes.
- A window will open for you, where you need to click on “Context Menu” and click “OK“.
- Now you can see a list of your system software. Disrupted software will be displayed in a pink box. To improve the malfunctioning software, you can click on the software in the pink box and press the red button on the left.
In this article, we investigated the problem of right-click not working in Windows and provided you with the necessary information. It is expected that according to the tips and tutorials mentioned in this article, you can easily fix this problem in the shortest possible time and use the features of the mouse like the first day.
Frequently Asked Questions Right click not working on laptop
- Can the disappearance of the mouse light during activity be a sign of hardware problems?
Yes; Hardware problems may cause your mouse to malfunction.
- Can the incompatibility of the mouse with the drive interfere with the operation of this device?
Yes; In many cases, the reason for the mouse not working is its incompatibility with the drive.
- Can the file corruption of the Android operating system affect the performance of the mouse?
Yes. It is possible that the reason for your mouse not working properly is the corruption of the Android operating system file.
- Is a wireless mouse faster or a wired mouse?
Wired mice are faster because they transmit data through a single cable.