How to make your Instagram account private 2023
By default, all user accounts created on Instagram are public and other people will be able to view their content.
By privatizing the account of this social network, the said procedure can be stopped and only the followers can access the images and videos. But how is Instagram page locking done and what other advantages does it have? In the following, we will answer the questions raised.
How to make your Instagram account private
When you set your Instagram account to private mode; Other people must follow you to see the content you upload (such as stories and posts). Tracking private accounts can be done by registering a request, which must be approved by the owner. It is clear that locking the Instagram page can help to maintain more privacy. Fortunately, you can do this through both the mobile application and the Instagram website, which are explained step by step below.
How to lock the Instagram page on the mobile app
1. To private your account, first open the Instagram application on your mobile (Android or iOS).
2. Tap your profile picture in the lower right corner to go to your profile page.
3. Click on the hamburger icon (three parallel lines) in the upper right corner.
4. From the opened menu, select the Settings option with the gear symbol.
5. On the settings page, enter the “Privacy” menu.
6. At the top of the “Privacy” page and under the heading “Account Privacy” there is an option called “Private Account“. Turn the key in front of the said option to active mode (blue).
7. Now, in the pop-up menu that opens, touch the “Switch to Private” option (the blue key at the bottom of the screen).
How to private Instagram account on computer
You probably know that using Instagram on a computer and other devices that do not use Android and iOS operating systems is possible through the web version. Of course, it is also possible to use the web version in mobile browsers. To lock the Instagram page in this case, just follow the steps below.
1. First, go to the Instagram website (Instagram.com) and then enter your account by entering your username and password.
2. Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner and select Settings from the menu that opens. You can also access the settings page by visiting the profile page and clicking on the gear icon next to your account username.
3. From the menu on the left side of the settings page, click on “Privacy and Security“.
4. Now, under the heading “Account Privacy“, check the “Private Account” option so that your page becomes private.
You can convert your user account from private to public by following the same path in both methods. Also note that even after privatizing the account, people who have followed you in the past will still be able to access the content of the page; Unless you remove them from your follower list.
It is recommended that if you are not familiar with the environment of this social network, lock your Instagram page before doing anything.
Frequently asked questions about How to make your Instagram account private
- What is the advantage of locking the Instagram page?
After privatizing your Instagram account, only your followers will be able to access your posts, stories, and followers list.
- Is it possible to lock the Instagram page with a computer?
Yes; Using the web version of Instagram, you will be able to private your account. It is enough to go to the settings section and then refer to the Privacy and Security page.
- What happens after locking the Instagram page?
If you set your Instagram account to personal mode; Only people who have followed you in the past can see your posts and stories.
In this article, we talked about “How to make your Instagram account private” and we are waiting for your experiences to use these methods. Please share your thoughts with us.