The Instagram Stories section supports many features such as adding emojis, GIFs, and even music. The process of adding a song to the Instagram story is relatively simple, and you can even use the desired pieces from other platforms such as Spotify and SoundCloud.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story
1. To start, first, enter the Instagram application on Android or iOS.
2. Tap on the story icon in the upper left corner of the screen to open the story editor screen. You can also access the mentioned section by swiping to the left.
3. Select the desired image or video to be placed in the story.
4. Select the sticker icon from the top bar of the screen.
5. From the menu that opens, touch the “Music” option. Then type the desired term in the search bar or select the desired music from the displayed list.
6. After finding the desired song, tap on it to select it.
7. Select the desired part of the music using the bar that appears at the bottom of the screen. You can also set the duration of the song, which should be between 5 and 15 seconds. By touching the “15” icon, you can set the longest time by default.
8. When you’re done, tap “Done” in the top corner of the screen. You can also drag the track icon to another location or resize it by zooming in on it.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story from Spotify
If you’re listening to music on platforms like Soundcloud and Spotify, you can post it directly to your Instagram story. To do this, just follow the steps below.
1. First, open the Spotify application on your mobile and select your favorite music.
2. Tap on the three dots icon in the upper corner of the screen.
3. In the menu that opens, select the “Share” option.
4. Inside the sharing menu, find and tap the “Instagram Stories” option. At this stage, the user may be asked to grant permission to open the Instagram application.
5. Now the Instagram application will open automatically and you will be taken to the story editor page. An image of the song or album cover is placed on this page. If you want the corresponding music to be played at the same time as the image is displayed, you must select it through the previous method.
6. After posting a story, a link will appear below the story title that says “Play on Spotify“. Other users can go directly to the selected song, album, or playlist by touching this link.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story from Soundcloud
1. First, enter the Soundcloud application on Android or iOS.
2. Select the desired song, album, or playlist.
3. Click on the three dots icon shown in the image and then select “Stories” from the menu that opens below the Instagram logo. You may be prompted to open the app at this point.
4. Now the Instagram app will open automatically and the song or album cover will appear in the story editor. As in the previous section, if you want music to play simultaneously, you need to search and add it separately.
5. After posting the story, the link to the song or album in SoundCloud is added to the top of the story and the audience can use it.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story with a HANDS-FREE function
You must be asking what is the hands-free function of Instagram. The oldest method Instagram users use to record streaming audio along with Instagram Story video recording is Instagram’s HANDS-FREE tool.
Using Instagram’s hands-free feature, you can record Instagram stories without holding your finger. This tool also records the sounds that are being played. Follow the steps below to get started:
1. First, update your Instagram.
2. Open the program and touch the camera icon on the home tab.
3. Now at the bottom of the screen you will see a circular button, select your story type by moving your finger to the left. Go to the last option and select “HANDS-FREE“.
4. Play your favorite song on the phone player.
5. Now go to Instagram again and touch the record button.
6. At the end, select your story option.
7. Instagram’s HANDS-FREE function is one of the easiest ways to add music to Instagram stories, but this tool also records the sounds of the surrounding environment in addition to the music.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story with the MUSIC tool
The Instagram Story MUSIC tool was added to the Instagram Story Tools section in June 2018. This tool allows users to play music on Instagram stories. But you may be in a country that doesn’t support it. So not all users have access to it. In the following, we will discuss how to put a song in the story in this way:
1. Update your Instagram application.
2. In the Home tab, tap on the camera icon at the top of the screen.
3. Choose a photo or video for the story. If you encounter questions at this stage, read the tutorial on Instagram stories.
4. Tap on the sticker icon at the top of the screen.
5. Now select the MUSIC label.
6. Now select your favorite music from the displayed list. You can search for your favorite music using the search tool marked with the icon.
7. Now you can see the music icon on your story. Select a part of the song by moving the music icon back and forth.
8. Finally, touch the “your story” option at the bottom of the screen.
Important points in using the Instagram MUSIC tool
- You can preview your story before sending it.
- If you decide to delete a song or choose a new song, you can hold your finger on the MUSIC icon, you will see the trash can icon at the bottom of the screen, and drag it to the trash can.
- You can use selected music on the photo or video story.
- A story containing music is saved as a video.
- After adding the MUSIC sticker on the story screen, you can change its appearance by touching it.
- By touching the MUSIC icon, contacts will be directed to the singer’s Instagram page. You can also listen to music.
- Using the MUSIC tool, it is currently not possible to select music from the user’s phone memory. You can only select the songs in the list.
- It is possible to choose music based on existing categories or search for music in the MUSIC tool.
Frequently asked questions about How to Add Music to an Instagram Story
- What is the maximum time allowed to post a song on the Instagram story?
Users are faced with a 15-second limit to post a song on Instagram stories; Of course, the duration of the broadcast cannot be less than 5 seconds.
- With what programs is it possible to add a song to the Instagram story?
In addition to the internal ability to search for songs on Instagram, other platforms such as Spotify, Soundcloud and Shazam can also be used to add songs to Instagram stories.
- Is it possible to add a song to a story outside of Instagram?
Users can only add files in the Instagram database to their stories, and to add other songs, you need to use Hands-Free or video editors to add background music.
In this article, we talked about “How to Add Music to an Instagram Story” and we are waiting for your experiences to use these methods. Please share your thoughts with us.