How to make video on iPhone free 2024
The iMovie application is one of Apple’s free video editing tools, which is available for free to owners of this company’s products, including iPhone and iPad. The mentioned program has different capabilities and facilities, which we will refer to in the following tutorial on How to make video on iPhone free.
How to make video on iPhone free
Although there are many advanced video editing apps available for iOS users; But iMovie is a practical option with a simple user interface that can be used to make ordinary clips. If you do not have this application on your device, you can download it for free from the App Store through the download box at the end of the article. Note that having version 14 or later of iOS is necessary to install the app.
Create a project in iMovie
As we mentioned in the previous part, iMovie is not only a video editor and it can be used to make clips with the iPhone. So it is not necessary to have ready videos on the device and you can also use images with music. To start working, you need to create a project in the program, which can be done through the following steps.
1. Enter the “iMovie” app on your device and then tap the “+” icon.
2. In the “New Project” window, select the “Movie” option.
3. Now you can select the files you want to add to the project. After finishing this process, click on the “Create Movie” option.
Working with the iMovie editor
After selecting the desired files to add to the project, you will be transferred to the editor page of the iMovie program, which is considered the most important part of the application. In the following, we will discuss the most important features of the editor and how to work with them.
By default, the iMovie app provides its users with an image ratio of 9 to 16, which is the most common ratio used for video. Unfortunately, it is not possible to change this value inside the program; But you can remove the extra parts of the image using the Crop feature.
1. On the editor screen, select the desired clip to crop.
2. Tap on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Now you can change your box by zooming.
4. After finishing editing, press the “Done” button.
Remove extra parts of the video
Cutting is one of the most important tools of any editing program that has many uses. The use of this tool in the iMovie application is as follows.
1. On the project editor page, go to the part you want to delete.
2. Place the white vertical line before the beginning of the desired part.
3. Click on the timeline to open the bottom menu. Select the scissor icon from the mentioned menu and then hit Split.
4. Now place the white vertical line on the end of the desired section and repeat the previous step again.
5. Now select the cut part and finally click “Delete” in the bottom menu to delete it.
6. After finishing the work, click on the “Done” option.
Trim the video
Usually, long videos are not very attractive to the audience on social networks, and most users prefer short videos. For this reason, when making a clip with an iPhone, it is better to shorten the original file in the following way.
1. In the timeline of the editor page, select the desired clip.
2. After selecting the clip, a yellow box will appear around it. You can shorten the clip from the beginning and the end by moving the handles on the border of the frame.
3. If you want to remove the middle part of the video, use the steps mentioned in the previous section.
4. After finishing editing, touch “Done“.
Add a transition to the project
When making a clip with an iPhone, transitions can be used to fill the gaps between different parts. By default, each transition takes half a second; But this value can be changed in different modes.
1. Select the empty space between two clips on the timeline editor page.
2. You can choose different transitions from the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen.
3. After selecting the transition, start playing the video to see how it will be displayed.
4. After achieving the desired result, press the “Done” key.
Add music to the video
Background music can be one of the best options to make videos interesting when making clips with an iPhone. There are a variety of ready-made audio files and effects in the iMovie program, But users can also use their favorite songs.
1. Go to the part of the timeline where you want to add music or sound effects.
2. At the bottom of the desired clip, you can see the “+” icon. Touch the said icon and then select Audio.
3. Now select your favorite music or sound effect. To add it to the project, just click the “+” icon in front of each file.
4. Now you can see the selected music or sound effect at the bottom of the video in the timeline.
5. At the end, press the “Done” key.
Preparation of output file
The iMovie program includes more features such as adding subtitles to the video, which were not mentioned in this article. Also, if you don’t have the time or patience to make a clip from scratch, you can use the ready-made templates mentioned inside the application. Follow the steps below to prepare the output file from the project.
1. After touching the “Done” option in the upper corner of the screen, click on the arrow icon inside the square, as shown in the image above.
2. You will now be able to save the output file to your gallery or share it on social networks.
we have a great tutorial for our dear audience. Watch the video below
Comparing iMovie and QUIK app
|iMovie has a simple and user-friendly interface.
|QUIK has a straightforward and intuitive interface.
|Video Editing Features
|iMovie offers basic video editing features.
|QUIK provides a range of automated video editing features.
|iMovie is designed for casual users and has limited professional capabilities.
|QUIK is primarily targeted at beginners and offers simplified video editing options.
|iMovie does not have built-in motion tracking features.
|QUIK may have basic motion-tracking capabilities, but it is not explicitly mentioned.
|iMovie is exclusively available on Apple devices.
|QUIK is available on various platforms including iOS, Android, and desktop.
Please note that while iMovie and QUIK are both video editing software, they cater to different user needs. iMovie is often considered suitable for casual users who require basic video editing capabilities, whereas QUIK is geared toward beginners and emphasizes automated editing features.
Frequently asked questions about How to make video on iPhone
- What is the best program for making clips with iPhone?
iMovie is one of Apple’s free programs, which is available for free to iPhone, iPad, and Mac owners, and uses relatively good features.
- What are the best alternatives to iMovie to make clips with iPhone?
QUIK application is one of the professional tools with a suitable user interface for making clips with iPhone. LumaFusion Pro is also a good option for iPad.
In this article, we talked about “How to make video on iPhone” and we are waiting for your experiences to use these methods. Please share your thoughts with us.